Thursday, February 7, 2008

Today was a total trainwreck.

- Woke up, found B with a fever. Again. Still. Some more. Called him in, went back to sleep.

- Woke up with my first ever nosebleed. Well, the first one that wasn't the direct result of the impact of a fiberglass pole. My face looked like I was an extra in a horror movie. I have a blood phobia. Good times!

- Got the kids up, ran out of cereal. Luckily, B has no appetite! *sigh*

- Got in the shower. The apartments pick the moment that I'm getting ready to rinse the shampoo out of my hair to do the fire alarm test that they've been talking about for a week.

- Called the doctor, who wanted me to bring B in. In like 15 minutes. O hai, not going to happen. We agreed that either the minor med (affiliated with their office) tonight or their office in the morning is a good idea.

- K came home super early! With flowers and coffee for me! And a nastygram about the office getting a report of "excessive door slamming" that was left on the door. :/

- He took B in to the doctor. His flu has turned into pneumonia. Luckily, we caught it in time so he doesn't have to be hospitalized.

- I found out that a friend of mine's ex-boything broke into her email and whatnot, which means that he read all of our conversations. Aside from pissed off because someone screwed with my friend, I feel kind of violated. Also? He's telling people that she's stalking him. Lol?

- Lil b sliced his finger open. "I'm bleeding!" he said, shoving his finger in my face. Please reference the blood phobia above.

- My computer freaked out. I apparently had a virus. I decide that perhaps now is a good time for a nap.

- Naps are a bad idea. I wake up feeling 1000x worse than previously. Flu relapse? Do I have pneumonia? I don't feel like I have pneumonia, but then I've never had it so I wouldn't know. Promise K that I'll go to the doctor tomorrow if I'm still feeling bad.

Cliff's notes: Boo has pneumonia. Life sucks. People better be glad that I can't get up the energy to hunt them down and go stabby at them.

On the upside, the interest rate has gone down so our dude updated our good faith estimate with the new numbers. That's happy. If we could lock it in right now, I'd be thrilled.

I'm trying to think of things that I want to learn once my brain cells are no longer suffering from the flu. (I'm picturing cartoon brain cells passed out with ice packs on their heads and thermometers in their mouths.) I miss the intentional, "I'm sitting down and learning now" sort of feeling that comes with taking classes. Not that the accidental or on the fly sort of learning isn't fun and useful, but maybe I miss structure. I just don't have the time or money for actual classes now.

I think one of the things I'm going to do is attempt to teach myself how to draw. I keep hearing that it's something that can be learned through study and practice, despite the assumption that you've either got it or you don't. So, I'll test that theory. It's not like I could get any worse at it, right? ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! What a day! And to think I skipped yesterday and stayed in bed for most of it...

Sorry Boo has pneumonia. Just remember that bed rest really does mean BED rest. :) (this little brain of mine does not forget everything)

Sorry about all the blood, too...

And is this friend and boy-thing same said friend and boy-thing we have spoken about previously?

Supposedly, yes, it is possible to learn the rules of drawing and train yourself to follow those rule, but I've never been one for rules... I prefer guidelines. :)

Hope we all get over our funks soon!

Unknown said...

Ack! I forgot to click the follow-up-thingy, so you get another comment.

Random said...

i think yesterday (well, day before now...) was just evil all around. i feel so much better today though!

and yes, yes the now-ex-boything is the same as the previously not-ex-boything. creepy! i kind of want to yell at him or something, but that would just make it worse.

i'm actually really enjoying this book that teaches you to draw. i haven't turned into picasso yet, but i'm learning cool stuff about the brain.