Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Catching up

I kind of slacked this weekend. Oops! Here's somet catch up.

On Saturday we had thundersnow! It was amazing. I wish I hadn't been sick so I could have gone outside instead of watching it from my room... then again, a house down the road from me got hit by lightning, so maybe it was for the best.

I wrote this Sunday:
I dreamt last night that I was drowning in dark, deep, black water in the middle of an icy lake. I tried to pull myself up but the ice broke under my hands, cutting my palms and re-submerging me.

The never-ending sickness of doom has started wearing on me, emotionally. I'm irritable as all hell, to the point that I just want someone to piss me off about something substantial so that I can tear into them. It's been difficult to reign myself in and not just metaphorically chew the faces off of completely undeserving people. Hence, very little in the way of communication with anyone.

The flu can't last forever. It either has to go away or kill me. ... right?

Apparently my upstairs neighbors are Giants fans. I'm surprised they didn't end up in my living room toward the end of the game, to be quite honest. As I told someone else, I'll be glad when we move to a house and the only loud ass people upstairs are the ones related to me. ("And you can poke them with a stick," they pointed out. Exactly!)

Tomorrow... I'm going to make a post that doesn't involve ANY whining at all. I swear it.

Right now I'm going to go throw a bath bomb in some hot water and just relax.


And on Monday:

You know, I promised an entry without whining. And I'll be damned if today didn't go and make that difficult. But! I shall prevail.

So I was working on a manuscript around the second week in January, you might remember. Set a goal of 5k, blew the deadline, reset it, met it with time to spare? Yes, that one. Well, I dropped it when Becca came to visit and then crap kept getting in the way, but I picked it up again tonight. It was difficult to get back into, but it felt good to do something productive while I'm sitting around waiting on my body to vanquish the virii. Hopefully it'll get easier tomorrow.

Is it extremely sad that I find comfort in hearing that Neil Gaiman is having issues with the chapter he's on, too? Heh.

Things with the house are kind of in that between stage. We haven't done the appraisal yet, and probably won't for at least a week. That hasn't stopped me from plotting things, of course. I cannot wait to get in and start painting things. I don't know why I'm looking forward to that so much, but the urge to go make some of those walls NON-WHITE is almost overwhelming.

I wonder how dude would feel if I started before he moved out..?

Yeah, probably not a good idea. Oh, well. ;D

Ohh, you know what? I totally have cheese dip around here somewhere. Time to terminate this entry early and go get some snacks. NOM NOM NOM.


I'm feeling a little better today, but who knows for how long. Everyone is passing this flu around like mad. 1/3 of the kids in B's school were out yesterday, today, or both. K's boss is not helping things by insisting he come into work while he's still contagious, either.

New plan: write a book, make several billion dollars, buy K's company, fire his boss. Hey, it's good to have goals, right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, if you make several million dollars, can we come live with you? I'd totally make it worth your while!

Random said...

i'm down with you coming to live with me now! ;)