Friday, February 1, 2008

Oh, my god. I feel like crap. I have cuts and bruises on the bottoms of my feet from running around barefoot on the never-swept concrete floor and metal stairs the other day. My left leg hurts from my ankle to my knee because I apparently wrenched it at some point. My stomach hurts every time I eat (yay stress!) but I get dizzy if I don't eat enough. I might have come down with the flu, because I'm having hot/cold flashes, a nagging cough, shortness of breath, and muscle aches.

Oh, and I woke up with a migraine. Fucking hell.

I had a dream last night that I went to visit Becca and Chris (who, despite not knowing one another, had simultaneously moved to the same town that was neither Memphis nor Denver) and got bitten by a snake. While I was at the doctor, the guy that Becca is dating was trying to basically tell me that I was faking a snake bite. Of course! And he kept telling me that she was too busy to hang out with me because they were going to be doing stuff for the entire weekend that I was there. But I couldn't call and talk to her because I didn't have my phone on me.

Then I went to track down Chris and found out that he was working at a Catholic high school and didn't want to be seen with me for fear of damaging his reputation. (Oh, the lols all around on that one.) So I got a snake bite for no reason! But then Rachel's friend Adam, who also worked at this random Catholic high school (again with the amusement), saw me and left work to take me dancing at the local gay club and bought me jello shots from gothic lolita girls.

In the real world, we did the inspection on the house yesterday. It's in amazing shape for being 58 years old, but there were a few things that need to be fixed (mostly common electrical goofs) and a few things that are kind of dumb. Like the walk up to the house has settled a little unevenly, and it's considered a "tripping hazard"... ok, but what is one supposed to do? Lift up the slab of concrete and put some sugar packets underneath the far corner, a la the desk that won't stop wobbling? :P

There's some weirdness with a grant from the local environmental foundation... or something... that needs to get cleared up, though. I couldn't want a house that is normal, could I?

And now... it's time to drag myself out of the bed and get dressed to go get the boy. Ugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You poor thing! What a day to chalk up as "Leave me alone - I"m falling apart" day. Why were you running barefoot on a never-swept concrete floor and metal stairs?

You and your dreams. Man. I miss hearing about your dreams! :) At least I KNOW where the Adam/clubbing/jello shots thing came from. And I have a pretty good guess on the Becca/boyfriend thing, too. I don't know Chris, so I can't make any guesses on that one.

And you're right. You wouldn't get a "normal" house. But at least it's mostly in good condition! And my driveway is considered a tripping hazard, too, but we didn't bother fixing it or having it fixed because it actually requires new concrete to be poured.

Random said...

yeah, this has been a rough week and some change. no fun!

and the running around on concrete was chasing after monkeyhead on wednesday. i didn't think about it at the time, but when i woke up the next day with bruises and splinters of glass embedded in my feet i realized that maybe i should have found SOMETHING to put on my feet. ah, well. :P

new concrete? no way. people can just watch their step! gah.