Sunday, February 10, 2008

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit of a Lush fangirl. For all the not-girlie-girl that is my personality most times, I have such a weak spot for bath stuff and skin stuff. And perfume. And lip balm. And... hm. Maybe I am a girl? Who knew?

Anyway. So I bought a massage bar because, well, if I buy it then someone has to get a massage, right? Otherwise it'd be a waste of money! (I love my logic.) And I finally got around to demanding asking nicely for a massage last night. It smelled yummy (like cinnamon, which I like, though some people on the site gripe that they felt like a cinnamon altiod) and wasn't greasy, and it was good. But that's not the awesome part.

The awesome part is that when I woke up this morning all of the loose skin that I had from having two kids and losing a bunch of weight was gone. Like, not there. Like, at all. Holy shit! I keep poking at my tummy because I'm in awe and slightly baffled.

You know, I'm investing a ton of money in shea butter and cocoa butter at my earliest convenience, because I could totally make this stuff for a lot less than $9 a pop.

In other news, I've been doing drawing exercises and have been amazed. I'm following the book Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain, and it teaches you how to see differently. I've only done the first 5 things, and there's already this shift in perspective that honestly kind of weirds me out in a way. It's just so bizarre to feel your brain working, to see proof of the shift between hemispheres.

I think I'm going to take pictures and post them, like a friend suggested, so that those interested can watch the change.

But for now I'm going to write up a grocery list and go get the stuff for jambalaya. I feel the need to declare war on my tastebuds. ^^

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! This makes me miss you so terribly because I SO want to try making this massage bar with you!

And I also wouldn't mind having one of my own, especially since it tightened up the skin so quickly! Hmmm. Might just have to use some of the paypal funds...

I imaging brain-shifts would feel weird...

Unknown said...

again, forgot to subscribe. so.darn.lazy...

Random said...

well, k pointed out that it was probably temporary and something that would need to be done on a regular basis for a while for a permanent effect. and a few days later, things have kind of gotten a bit wobbly again.

but, oh damn, i will have to have regular massages... soooo disappointed! ;)