Monday, January 28, 2008

note: this was written around 12pm today. it's just making its way over here some 12 hours later.

We finally signed papers for an offer and put down earnest money (*choke*) yesterday.

All of this slow-crawl stuff has made me twitchy. We just got the last W2 on Saturday so we could estimate the taxes. We only estimated because the student loan place isn't going to have their form ready until Thursday... way to wait til the last minute, there. But if they accept the offer, it'll be a whirlwind of "omg get it done NOW" for the next two weeks.

Please, please don't let the seller be the asshole that his agent made him out to be. I'm banking on the whole "grumpy seller" story being just a trick of the seller's agent to keep us from making a ridiculously low offer. I hope I'm not wrong. (ETA: I was wrong. Goddamnit. Time to counter-counter.)

Anyway. I'm not going to think about that any more until someone tells me what they had to say to the offer.


In other news, got invited to run Kara last night on Draka, which turned out to be a lot of fun despite dying a bunch. The group was mostly a family (mom, dad, daughter, uncle, some other unidentified family members) from Australia, and none of us were really geared for a Kara run, so it was just for shits and giggles. Still, we took down the Big Bad Wolf in Opera and I got a purple gun. Not bad for my first run, right?

And I came in 3rd on the damage meter. ^^


Unrelatedly, I've started trying to cook something new and interesting after every trip to the grocery store. It's not like I don't have a dozen cookbooks and the internet at my disposal. Why in the hell should I be cooking spaghetti or hamburgers or whatever over and over again? Exactly.

So, I made some raspberry chicken from a book recipe (book recipes make me nervous because they don't come with reviews... viva le interwebs!) that turned out well. I was expecting something light and sweet, but it turned out to be spicy. It was still pretty damn good, though, and I think I'm going to steal the marinade to use instead of store bought raspberry-chipotle sauce on the pork loin I normally do.

I also made some lemon spinach cous cous which... did not turn out as well. Ah, well. You win some, you lose some.

I'm feeling a bit random today. Obviously. Time to go entertain small children.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! (this is me squealing) An offer on a house! How exciting! Counter-counter offering, though? Not so much fun... Sorry. That sucks.

DTTF & I canceled the renewal for WOW because we haven't had time to play. Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I actually sat at my home computer. If it becomes easier for us to play again, we'll re-activate the accounts. That is one of the great things about WOW - no house to lose if you don't play for a few months.

And you need to start sharing some of these recipes with me, woman!

Random said...

yeah, it's been... interesting. apparently dude has dropped his list price like 3 times, and has to have a certain number. we have to have a certain amount of closing paid by him and keep the monthly payments reasonable. it's like tetris! with numbers!

... i hate math.

i hope you guys can come back to wow soon. i liked playing with you.

and i need to do some recipe posts. i think i'll start posting the recipes and my reviews for them as i cook.

Unknown said...

Oooh! That would be neat! I'm so glad the sellers accepted our first offer on our house (though if they hadn't, maybe we would have kept looking and found something better).

I just don't have time to play right now. Sleep is WAY more important!