Friday, January 25, 2008

Apparently it is required by law that one discloses if a property has ever been used as a meth lab to potential buyers. Which, I mean, I totally can get behind that because I'm not keen on the idea of owning a house that's a health hazard. But on the other hand, what person in their right mind is going to be like "Please pay me lots of dollars for this house, and also, I... I mean... my friend whipped up some illegal narcotics in the basement! Hope you don't mind."

Exactly. Kind of funny that they have to have a clause in the contract for it, though.

Kind of like how the townhouse in Cordova had a clause in the lease agreement where we had to agree that we understood that they would not be cleaning our fridge for us. No kidding. Though, I wish I could find an apartment that WOULD clean my fridge. How awesome would that be?

So, last weekend I went to the eye doctor to check on the contacts and get my eyes dilated. I've never had the dilation done, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. He put the drops in and then sent me out to the waiting room, where Becca and I read gossip rags and made fun of people's outfits for a while. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I was not expecting to be sitting around and have my left eye suddenly go *poink!* It was like something out of a cartoon.

So, I was sitting around looking like this: O.o

The other one caught up at some point and we did the exam and I don't have any of whatever they were looking for. So yay. When I got home, Krys informed me that I was still "fully dilated" which made me giggle. It's been a while since I've had to worry about being fully dilated.

A few hours later I went to the dentist. I made the mistake of mentioning to the lady who was cleaning my teeth that I'd done the dilation a few hours previously and she made me wear one of the face masks over my eyes. On one hand, it was kind of nice. I'm not a big fan of bright lights in my eyes on a normal basis, so cleanings generally bother the hell out of me.

Ooooon the other hand, I looked like a dork. Nothing new there, though, I suppose.

Anyway, I apparently have two wee bitty cavities that I have to go get fixed on Thursday. First cavities I've had in 20 years, so I guess I can't complain. Especially with the amount of crap I've put my poor, poor teeth through. I keep waiting for my body to rise up and take revenge on me for surviving on candy bars and Dr. Pepper throughout high school and college...

And that train of thought brings me to the following quote:

You see life is like that...we change, that's all. You see, the guy I am now is not the guy I was then. If the guy I was then met the guy I am now, he'd beat the shit out of me. Those are the facts. Stevo, SLC Punk

Of course, in my case it would be "If the girl I am now met the girl I was then, I'd sit her down and give her a good talking to and possibly a glass of wine."

There are so many things that I want to remember later that I'm forgetting now, so I can't write them down. Frustrating. Of course, I'll remember them when I'm doing something that makes me unable to sit down with the computer, like cleaning the shower or sleeping. Dammit.

In other news: The stupid tax paperwork can come in ANY SECOND NOW. Seriously. I'd like to get all of this over with, one way or another.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Oh! My sides hurt! I have SOOOO missed reading your posts!

The girl I was then would probably not listen to the girl I am now, but at least the girl I am now understands this and would probably just let things be. :)

Random said...

heh... i'm pretty sure i could have been bribed with something "grown up" like a glass of wine. oh, my poor misguided youth. being a grownup sucks, as it turns out.

oh! and to catch you up, we're thinking about buying a house. it's a nice house. buying a house also sucks, but what can you do, right?

Unknown said...

So, you're thinking about buying a house where it's COLD??? (of course, it's only 29 degrees here right now)

And I guess this is where the meth lab thing came up, right?